France and Germany have followed US and Britain by withdrawing civilian staff from Afghan ministries after two seniors US Nato officers were shot dead inside a ministry building in Kabul.
The French and German government said that they were taking these steps on security concerns.
On Sunday, new attacks surfaced as many American soldiers were injured in a grenade attack. The incident took place hours after Afghan President Karzai appealed to protestors to be calm.
The incident follows several days of protest and agitation in which seven people were killed and dozens injured after copies of the Holy Koran were burnt at an U.S. airbase earlier this week.
US President Barack Obama had apologized to the Afghans for the actions of American soldiers. In a letter to Karzai, Obama said the incident was not intentional.
by RTT Staff Writer
For comments and feedback: email@example.com