logo
Share SHARE
FONT-SIZE Plus   Neg

Thomas Cook Continues To Expect 2011/12 To Be A Challenging Year - Quick Facts

Thomas Cook Group Plc (TCG.L) issued pre-close trading update.

Sam Weihagen, Group chief executive officer, stated, "Trading across the Group has been stable since we last reported and in line with expectations. In the last few weeks we have seen an improvement in UK booking trends, helped by our recently launched advertising campaign and upgrades to our thomascook.com website."

The company stated that the winter season 11/12 overall remains subdued, but bookings have improved in recent weeks.

With regard to summer 12, bookings are tracking capacity in the UK and in Central Europe, despite the difficult market backdrop, but are slower than expected in Northern Europe and West & East Europe where the company retains the flexibility to reduce capacity should demand not pick up.

Looking forward, Thomas Cook stated that it continues to expect 2011/12 to be a challenging year given the economic backdrop and difficult trading environment, particularly for winter. The trends which it saw in the first quarter have continued through the second quarter, but summer trading is more encouraging, the company added.

by RTT Staff Writer

For comments and feedback: editorial@rttnews.com

Business News

Quick Facts

Editors Pick
Weinstein Co. said it has entered into a preliminary agreement for immediate capital infusion from Colony Capital, the global private equity arm of Colony NorthStar, Inc. In addition, Weinstein Co. has entered into a negotiating period with Colony Capital for a potential sale of all or a significant portion of its assets. Further details of the deal were not disclosed. In the first such incident in Canada, a commercial airplane was struck by a drone last week, the government said Sunday. However, the aircraft was able to land safely. A plane operated by charter airline Skyjet was struck on one of its wings by a drone when it was approaching Quebec City's Jean Lesage International Airport last Thursday. Ford Motor Co. said Friday that it will offer free repairs to North American owners of more than 1.4 million 2011-17 Explorer sports utility vehicles to reduce the potential for exhaust or carbon monoxide entering their vehicles. The recall involves about 1.3 million vehicles in the U.S., 84,000 in Canada and 24,000 in Mexico.
comments powered by Disqus
Follow RTT