Quick Facts
FONT-SIZE Plus   Neg
Share SHARE

Telefonica, Colombian Govt. To Restructure Fixed, Mobile Business - Quick Facts

RELATED NEWS
Trade TEF now with 

Telefónica S.A.'s (TEF: Quote,TDE.L) fully-owned Telefónica Móviles Colombia, S.A., the Colombian government and Colombia Telecomunicaciones, S.A. ESP entered into a final agreement to restructure their fixed and mobile business in Colombia. Such deals include the assumption by the Government of 48% of the payment obligations not yet due of Colombia elecomunicaciones, S.A. ESP to the Patrimonio Autónomo Receptor de Activos de la Empresa Nacional de Telecomunicaciones - PARAPAT, the company noted.

In addition, the agreements signed also comprise an amendment to the Operating Contract for the extension in 6 years, to 2028, of the payment obligations not yet due of Colombia Telecomunicaciones, S.A. ESP to the PARAPAT. As a result, the net financial debt which would be fully consolidated in the financial statements of the Telefónica Group, would fall by around 1.30 billion euros.

Upon the completion of the merger between Colombia Telecomunicaciones, S.A. ESP and Telefónica Móviles Colombia, S.A., Telefónica would hold 70% of the share capital of the resulting company while the Government would control the remaining 30%. Likewise, by virtue of the deals reached, the Government could increase its stake in the merged company in an additional 3% by 2015, based on its operating performance.

Register
To receive FREE breaking news email alerts for Telefonica SA and others in your portfolio

by RTT Staff Writer

For comments and feedback: editorial@rttnews.com

Business News

Quick Facts

Editors Pick
Consumers spent less in July than in the previous month, a surprise retreat that complicates the prevailing belief that the U.S. economic situation is improving. Along with the unexpected drop in spending, government figures released on Friday showed that incomes rose at a slower pace in July than in the previous month. Meanwhile, data on prices indicated that inflation pressures remain tame. India's economy grew faster-than-expected in the three months to June and at the strongest pace in two years, preliminary figures from the Central Statistics Office revealed Friday. Gross domestic product grew 5.7 percent in the April to June quarter, which exceeded economists' forecast for 5.5 percent expansion. The economy grew 4.6 percent in the previous three months. Eurozone inflation slowed as expected in August on falling energy prices giving room for the central bank to support demand and economic recovery without stoking inflation and help the region to create more jobs. The unemployment rate remained unchanged at an elevated level in July. Nonetheless, it was at the lowest since September 2012.
comments powered by Disqus
FREE Newsletters, Analysis & Alerts

 

Stay informed with our FREE daily Newsletters and real-time breaking News Alerts. Sign up to receive the latest information on business news, health, technology, biotech, market analysis, currency trading and more.