The Beatles' Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band has been named the third greatest album in British music made during Queen Elizabeth II's 60-year reign. Retailer HMV held a survey online asking 30,000 music fans to rate their favorite albums during the time period.
HMV spokesman Gennaro Castaldo spoke on the survey, saying the Queen's Diamond Jubilee should be a time of reflection:
"The Queen has presided over the richest period of cultural achievement in our nation's history, so it's only right that her Diamond Jubilee, which also encapsulates 60 years of the official charts, should be a period when we reflect on the greatest British albums and films of the past six decades."
Other albums in the top 20 included Iron Maiden's The Number of the Beast, Adele's 21, and Depeche Mode's Violator.
1. Iron Maiden - The Number of the Beast
2. Depeche Mode - Violator
3. The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
4. The Beatles - Abbey Road
5. Pink Floyd - The Dark Side of the Moon
6. The Beatles - Revolver
7. Queen - A Night at the Opera
8. Oasis - (What's the Story) Morning Glory?
9. Adele - 21
10. The Beatles - White Album
11. Led Zeppelin - IV
12. The Beatles - Rubber Soul
13. The Clash - London Calling
14. David Bowie - The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars
15. The Smiths - The Queen is Dead
16. Black Sabbath - Black Sabbath
17. Radiohead - OK Computer
18. Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
19. Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
20. Oasis - Definitely Maybe
by RTT Staff Writer
For comments and feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org