What makes these stocks interesting?
Cirrus Logic Inc. (CRUS: Quote) reported better-than-expected adjusted earnings for the first quarter and projected revenues for the second quarter above consensus.
- Net income of $6.93 million or $0.10 per share Vs $9.18 million or $0.13 per share last year.
- Adjusted net income of $14.81 million or $0.22 per share Vs $16.96 million or $0.24 per share last year. Analysts expected EPS of $0.21.
- Revenues up 7% to $99.00 million from $92.24 million last year. Analysts estimated $100.94 million.
- Sells assets associated with its Apex Precision Power business in Tucson, Ariz., for $26 million
- Revenues expected in the range of $170 million - $190 million, well above the Street estimate of $129.65 million.
- Gross margin is forecast to be between 52% and 54%.
Rudolph Technologies Inc. (RTEC: Quote) reported second-quarter results that exceeded Street view, reflecting strong demand for its macro defect inspection products.
- Q2 net income declined to $6.3 million or $0.19 per share from $7.0 million or $0.22 per share last year.
- Q2 adjusted net income was $7.5 million or $0.23 per share versus $9.0 million or $0.28 per share last year. Analysts expected EPS of $0.18.
- Q2 revenues rose to $56.3 million from $51.5 million last year. Analysts estimated $53.83 million.
Post Properties Inc. (PPS: Quote) reported significant growth in its second-quarter results and raised funds from operations or FFO forecast for fiscal 2012.
- Net income surged to $20.2 million or $0.37 per share from $8.8 million or $0.17 per share last year.
- FFO grew to $39.7 million or $0.73 per share from $27.7 million or $0.55 per share a year-ago. Analysts expected FFO of $0.57 per share.
- Total revenues rose to $82.16 million from $75.42 million last year, while analysts estimated $81.18 million for the quarter..
- FFO target lifted to a range of $2.50 - $2.60 per share from prior view of $2.26 - $2.38 per share. Analysts expect FFO of $2.39 per share.
Herbalife Ltd. (HLF: Quote) reported better-than-expected results for the second quarter and raised its earnings outlook for fiscal 2012.
- Q2 net income rose to $133.37 million or $1.10 per share from $111.18 million or $0.88 per share last year. Analysts expected EPS of $0.96.
- Q2 Worldwide net sales up 17% to $1.03 billion from $879.65 million a year ago and surpassed the Street view of $978.97 million.
Looking ahead ...
- Q3 earnings to range between $0.97 and $1.01 per share on sales growth of 10% - 12%. Analysts expect EPS of $0.99 on revenues of $988.88 million.
- Fiscal 2012 EPS target lifted to a range of $3.88 - 3.98 per share from prior view of $3.58 - $3.74 per share. Analysts expect EPS of $3.80.
- FY12 net sales growth now expected to be 15% - 17% versus prior outlook range of 12.5% - 14.5%. Analysts estimate sales of $3.92 billion.
| || |
| To receive FREE breaking news email alerts for Cirrus Logic Inc. and others in your portfolio|
by RTT Staff Writer
For comments and feedback: email@example.com