What makes these stocks interesting?
Yelp Inc. (YELP: Quote) reported narrower-than-expected loss for the second quarter, and higher revenues that surpassed the Street view.
- Q3 revenues expected in the range of $34.5 million - $35.5 million. Analysts expect $34.30 million
- FY12 revenue target raised to $135 million - $136 million from prior view of $128 million - $132 million. Analysts expect revenues of $130.72 million.
U.S. solar panel maker First Solar Inc. (FSLR: Quote) reported sharp growth in second-quarter profit that topped the Street view, reflecting an increase in the number and size of projects under construction.
Lifted FY12 Forecast
- FY12 EPS target raised to $4.20 - $4.70 from the prior view of $4.00 - $4.50.Analysts expect EPS of $3.95.
- Net sales outlook increased to $3.6 billion - $3.9 billion from prior guidance of $3.5 billion - $3.8 billion. Analysts expect $3.48 million for FY12.
On-demand, enterprise level automation solutions provider Ellie Mae (ELLI: Quote) issued third-quarter financial guidance and boosted forecast for fiscal 2012.
- Revenue expected to be $23.75 million - $24.25 million. Consensus - $19.25 million.
- Net income expected to be $3.7 million - $4.1 million, or $0.14 - $0.15 per share
- Adjusted net income projected to be $5.0 million - $5.4 million, or $0.18 - $0.20 per share. Consensus - $0.06 per share.
- Revenue target lifted to $90.0 million - $91.0 million from prior view of $78.0 million - $79.0 million. Consensus - $79.69 million.
- Net income now seen at $12.3 million - $13.1 million or $0.49 - $0.52 per share, up from prior range of $5.8 million - $6.3 million or $0.26 - $0.28 per share
- Adjusted net income target raised to $17.1 million - $18.0 million or $0.68 - $0.72 per share from previous view of $9.6 million - $10.1 million or $0.42 - $0.45 per share. Consensus - $0.44 per share.
SurModics Inc. (SRDX: Quote) increased its fiscal 2012 financial outlook.
- Now sees FY12 revenue of $51 million - $52 million, above initial guidance of $47 million - $51 million. Consensus - $49.56 million.
- outlook for FY12 EPS from cont. ops. raised to $0.56 - $0.59 from prior view of $0.45 - $0.53 per share. Consensus - $0.53 per share.
Transocean Ltd. (RIG: Quote) reported a higher-than-expected revenues, and adjusted income beat estimates, although the company incurred a GAAP loss. Analysts expected revenues of $2.49 billion.
- Adjusted net income was $0.72 vs. $0.50 last year. Consensus - $0.45 per share.
Sturm, Ruger & Co. Inc.'s (RGR: Quote) Q2 net income rose to $18 million or $0.91 per share from $10.8 million or $0.56 per share last year. Consensus - $0.80 per share.
- Q2 total net sales grew to $119.6 million from $79.6 million last year. Consensus $107 million.
Atwood Oceanics Inc. (ATW: Quote) reported better-than-expected third-quarter profit of $51.7 million or $0.79 per hare versus consensus of $0.73 per share. Year-ago profit - $75.3 million or $1.15 per share.
- Revenues rose to $178.60 million from prior year's $162.15 million. Consensus - $169.68 million.
Union Drilling Inc. (UDRL: Quote) swung to a second-quarter profit of $607 thousand or $0.03 per share from loss of $3.43 million or $0.15 per share last year. Consensus loss of 5 cents/share.
- Q2 revenues rose to $68.1 million from $59.9 million last year.
American Eagle Outfitters Inc. (AEO: Quote) raised Q2 EPS target to $0.19 - $0.21 from prior view of $0.13 - $0.15 per share. Consensus - $0.15 per share.
- Q2 net sales at $740 million, up 11% from $669 million last year. Consensus - $716.66 million.
- Q2 Comparable store sales rose 9%, including sales from AEO direct.
Trimble Navigation Ltd. (TRMB: Quote) reported higher Q2 results that topped the Street view.
- Sees Q3 EPS in the range of $0.33 - $0.35 per share
- Expects Q3 adjusted EPS of $0.62 - $0.64 per share. Consensus - $0.62 per share.
- Q3 revenue expected to be $492 million - $497 million. Consensus - $485.19 million.
Comfort Systems USA Inc. (FIX: Quote) Q2 net income rose to $4.47 mln or $0.12 per share from $3.16 mln or $0.08 per share last year. Revenue increased to $354.8 mln from $312.1 mln prior year. Consensus -EPS $0.08 on revenues of $345.1 mln.
DXP Enterprises Inc. (DXPE: Quote) Q2 net income rose to $12.2 mln from $7.6 mln last year
- Q2 EPS increased to $0.80 from $0.50 last year. Consensus - $0.78 per share.
- Q2 sales up 32.5% to $261.9 mln from $197.7 mln last year. Consensus - $257.42 mln
Portfolio Recovery Associates Inc. (PRAA: Quote) Q2 net income grew to $32.02 mln from $25.57 mln last year
- Q2 EPS rose to $1.87 from $1.48 last year. Consensus - $1.64 per share.
- Q2 revenues up 29% to $147.86 mln from $114.80 mln prior year. Consensus - $140.74 mln.
DaVita Inc. (DVA: Quote) reported better-than-expected Q2 results and raised operating income guidance for fiscal 2012.
- Lifts FY12 operating income target to $1.27 billion - $1.32 billion from prior view of $1.23 billion - $1.31 billion.
- Still sees FY12 operating cash flows to be $950 million - $1.05 billion.
MedAssets Inc. (MDAS: Quote) reported higher-than-expected results for the second quarter, and increased financial outlook for fiscal 2012.
-Lifts FY12 revenue target to $620 mln - $630 mln from prior view of $596 mln - $610 mln. Consensus - $608.23 mln
-Raises FY12 EPS target to $0.13 - $0.21 from prior outlook of $0.11 - $0.21
- Increases FY12 adj. EPS guidance to $1.05 - $1.13 from prior target of $1.00 - $1.10. Consensus - $1.06 per share.
| || |
| To receive FREE breaking news email alerts for YELP INC. and others in your portfolio|
by RTT Staff Writer
For comments and feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org