What makes these stocks interesting?
Offshore drilling and production equipment maker Dril-Quip Inc. (DRQ: Quote) reported higher profit for the second quarter, driven by a 29% growth in revenues.
- Q2 net income was $29.8 million or $0.74 per share versus $22.2 million or $0.55 per share last year
- Q2 revenues up 29% to $176.6 million from $137.0 million last year, led by increased product revenues of $32.2 million and increased service revenues of $7.4 million.
Analysts expected earnings of $0.71 per share on revenues of $169.97 million.
Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. (CTSH: Quote) reported a better-than-expected second-quarter profit and lifted its earnings guidance.
- Q2 net income rose to $251.9 mln or $0.82 per share from $208 million or $0.67 per share last year. Analysts expected EPS of $0.80. Consensus --- $0.80 per share
- Q2 revenues up 20.9% to $1.79 bln from $1.48 bln last year. Analysts expected $1.79 bln. Consensus --- $1.79 billion.
Q3 & FY12 Outlook
- Q3 2012 revenue anticipated to be at least $1.875 billion. Consensus --- $1.88 billion.
-Q3 GAAP EPS expected to be $0.86
- Q3 non-GAAP EPS expected to be $0.92 Consensus --- $0.86 per share
- FY12 revenue expected to be at least $7.34 billion, up at least 20% compared to 2011. Consensus --- $7.34 billion.
- FY12 GAAP EPS expected to be at least $3.38, and non-GAAP EPS to be $3.64. Consensus --- $3.37 per share.
Health care services provider HCA Holdings Inc. (HCA: Quote) reported higher-than-expected second-quarter profit, boosted by increased patient volume and the consolidation of its HealthONE venture, and reaffirmed fiscal 2012 guidance.
- Q2 net income was $391 million or $0.85 per share, up from $229 million or $0.43 per share last year.
- Q2 adj. EPS rose to $0.85 from $0.51 last year. Consensus --- $0.78 per share.
- Q2 revenue rose to $8.112 billion from $7.249 billion last year. Consensus --- $8.83 billion.
For fiscal 2012, the company continues to project
- Adjusted earnings in the range of $3.57 - $3.77 per share. Consensus --- $3.69 per share.
- Revenues in the range of $32 billion - $33 billion. Consensus --- $35.56 billion.
Cinemark Holdings Inc. (CNK: Quote) posted better-than-expected second-quarter results.
- Q2 net income was $51.64 million or $0.45 per share versus $40.41 million or $0.35 per share last year. Consensus --- $0.37 per share.
- Q2 revenues grew to $649.61 million from $620.59 million last year. Consensus --- $630.75 million.
Resolute Energy Corp. (REN: Quote) reported better-than-expected reults for the second quarter.
- Q2 net income was $22.82 million, lower than $25.67 million last year.
- Q2 EPS was $0.37 per share, flat with last year. Analysts expected earnings of $0.03 per share.
- Q2 revenue increased to $64.48 million from $59.91 million generated a year ago. Consensus --- $57.91 million.
| || |
| To receive FREE breaking news email alerts for Cognizant Technology Solutions Corp. and others in your portfolio|
by RTT Staff Writer
For comments and feedback: email@example.com