What makes these stocks interesting?
Adams Resources & Energy Inc. (AE: Quote) reported higher second-quarter profit, driven by increased volumes and unit margins within the company's crude oil marketing business.
- Q2 net income was $5.39 mln versus $3.59 mln last year
- Q2 EPS rose to $1.28 from $0.82 last year
- Q2 revenues increased to $831.5 mln from $777.5 mln last year
WuXi PharmaTech (Cayman) Inc. (WX: Quote) reported better-than-expected results for the second quarter, reflecting solid demand for its broad, integrated platform of services.
- Q3 revenues expected to range between $121 mln and $124 mln. Consensus -- $119.73 mln.
- WuXi raises FY12 revenue target to $488 mln - $498 mln from prior view of $468 mln - $488 mln. Consensus -- $484.25 mln.
Porcelain tiles maker Ziyang Ceramics Corp. (ZYCI: Quote) reported sharp growth in second-quarter profit, led by the increase in sales from its new line of interior porcelain wall tiles launched in August of 2011.
- Ziyang continues to see FY12 revenue exceeding $55 million with $14 million in net income.
Urban contemporary furniture maker Nova LifeStyle Inc. (STVS: Quote) reported an upsurge in second-quarter profit, reflecting higher sales volume and increasing average selling price.
- Q2 net income up 146% to $1.42 mln from $0.58 mln last year
- Q2 EPS was $0.08 versus $0.05 last year
- Q2 sales rose 74% to $16.15 mln from $9.26 mln last year.
Luxury lifestyle brand Michael Kors Holdings Ltd. (KORS: Quote) reported higher-than-expected first-quarter results and raised financial guidance for the fiscal year 2013.
- Sees Q2 EPS in the range of $0.33 - $0.35. Consensus - $0.28 per share.
- Expects Q2 revenue between $490 mln and $500 mln. Consensus - $422.22 mln.
- Michael Kors lifts FY13 EPS target to $1.32 - $1.34 from prior view of $1.08 - $1.12. Consensus - $1.12 per share.
- FY13 revenue now expected to be in the range of $1.8 bln - $1.9 bln versus prior target of $1.7 bln - $1.8 bln. Consensus - $1.79 bln.
| || |
| To receive FREE breaking news email alerts for The Home Depot, Inc. and others in your portfolio|
by RTT Staff Writer
For comments and feedback: email@example.com