What makes these stocks interesting?
MER Telemanagement Solutions Ltd. (MTSL: Quote) reported higher profit for the second quarter, reflecting new customer acquisitions and expanding existing customer base.
- Q2 EPS was $0.10 versus $0.05 last year
- Q2 net income rose to $460,000 from $229,000.
- Q2 revenues increased to $3.3 mln from $3.0 mln last year.
Brocade Communications Systems Inc. (BRCD: Quote), a maker of switches and software for data-storage networks, reported an increase in third-quarter profit, boosted by a 10% growth in revenues and improved margins.
- Q3 GAAP EPS rose to $0.09 from $0.00 last year
- Q3 non-GAAP EPS was $0.14 versus $0.09 last year. Consensus - $0.12/Shr.
- Q3 GAAP net income was $43 mln versus $2 mln prior year
- Q3 non-GAAP net income grew to $67 mln from $46 mln last year
- Q3 revenue increased to $555 mln versus $503 mln last year. Consensus - $536.55 mln.
Small hydroelectric power projects operator China Hydroelectric Corp. (CHC: Quote) swung to a profit in second quarter, reflecting a better than average hydrological conditions in Zhejiang and Fujian provinces.
- Q2 EPS from cont. ops. was $0.05 versus loss $0.01 last year
- Q2 net income from cont. ops. was $7.7 mln versus loss $1.7 mln last year
- Q2 revenues rose to $33.9 mln versus $19.7 mln last year
Fashion retailer Gap Inc. (GPS: Quote) reported a strong growth in second-quarter profit, boosted by a healthy increase in sales, and lifted earnings forecast for fiscal 2012.
Raises FY12 EPS target to $1.95 - $2.00 from prior view of $1.78 - $1.83 per share. Consensus - $2.08/Shr.
ANN Inc. (ANN: Quote) reported higher results for the second quarter that topped the Street view and raised sales target for fiscal 2012.
Q3 & FY12 Outlook
- Sees Q3 sales to be $600 mln. Consensus - $605.69 mln.
- Expects total comparable sales increase in mid-single digits.
- Now sees FY12 sales to approach $2.385 bln versus prior view of $2.375 bln. Consensus - $2.37 bln.
Specialty athletic retailer Foot Locker (FL: Quote) reported better-than-expected results for the second quarter.
- Q2 net income was $59 mln versus $37 mln last year
- Q2 EPS rose 63% to $0.39 from $0.24 last year. Consensus - $0.33/Shr.
- Q2 sales up 7.2% to $1.367 bln from $1.275 bln last year. Consensus - $1.35 bln.
Hibbett Sports Inc. (HIBB: Quote) reported increased profit for the second quarter, driven by positive sales trends and margin improvement, and revised earnings target for fiscal 2013.
- Revises FY13 EPS outlook to $2.57 - $2.67 from prior view of $2.50 - $2.65. Consensus - $2.66/Shr.
| || |
| To receive FREE breaking news email alerts for Gap Inc. and others in your portfolio|
by RTT Staff Writer
For comments and feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org