What makes these stocks interesting?
Ulta Salon, Cosmetics & Fragrance Inc. (ULTA: Quote) reported higher-than-expected results for the second quarter, largely led by a double-digit sales growth, stronger gross margins and lower costs.
- Sees Q3 EPS in the range of $0.54 - $0.56. Consensus - $0.54/Shr.
- Expects Q3 revenues in the range of $494 mln - $503 mln. Consensus - $501.17 mln.
- Projects FY12 EPS to range between $2.58 and $2.60. Consensus - $2.55/Shr.
Contact lens maker Cooper Companies Inc. (COO: Quote) reported a sharp growth in third-quarter profit, boosted by increased sales and improved margins.
Q4 & FY12 Guidance
- Projects Q4 EPS in the range of $1.50 - $1.55. Consensus - $1.53/Shr.
- Sees Q4 revenue in the range of $390 mln - $400 mln. Consensus - $388.79 mln.
- Lifts FY12 adj. EPS target to $5.19 - $5.24 from prior view of $4.90 - $5.15. Consensus - $5.06/Shr.
- Raises FY12 EPS outlook to $5.10 - $5.15 from prior target of $4.88 - $5.13.
- Now sees FY12 revenue in range of $1.439 bln - $1.449 bln versus prior guidance range of $1.400 bln - $1.440 bln. Consensus - $1.43 bln.
Lannett Company Inc. (LCI: Quote) said it swung to a profit in fourth quarter, helped by strong sales of key higher margin products.
- Q4 EPS was $0.05 versus loss $0.07 last year. Consensus - earnings of $0.03/Shr.
- Q4 net income was $1.4 mln versus loss $1.9 mln last year.
- Q4 net sales up 40% to $35.7 mln from $25.5 mln last year. Consensus - $33.08 mln.
Firearm maker Smith & Wesson Holding Corp.(SWHC: Quote) reported higher profit for the first quarter, reflecting strong sales of the M&P product platform.
Q2 & FY13 Outlook
- Expects Q2 EPS in the range of $0.19 - $0.21 per share. Consensus - $0.13/Shr.
- Projects Q2 sales in the range of $130 mln - $135 mln. Consensus - $118.98 mln.
- Lifts FY13 EPS target to $0.85 - $0.90 from prior guidance range of $0.60 - $0.65. Consensus - $0.63/Shr.
- Raises FY13 sales view to $530 mln - $540 mln from prior outlook of $485 mln - $505 mln. Consensus - $498.24 mln.
National Beverage Corp. (FIZZ: Quote) reported an increase in first-quarter profit, largely driven by higher revenues.
- Q1 EPS up 6.9% to $0.31 from $0.29 last year.
- Q1 net income rose 7.1% to $14.4 mln from $13.4 mln last year.
- Q1 sales grew 8.1% to $182.8 mln from $169.1 mln last year.
Yoga-inspired athletic apparel company Lululemon Athletica Inc. (LULU: Quote) reported higher-than-expected results for the second quarter, boosted by increased comparable store sales.
- Sees Q3 EPS in the range of $0.34 - $0.36. Consensus - $0.33/Shr.
- Expects Q3 revenues in the range of $300 mln - $305 mln. Consensus - $300.12 mln.
- Raises FY12 EPS target to $1.76 - $1.81 from prior view of $1.55 - $1.60. Consensus - $1.62/Shr.
- Lifts FY12 revenues outlook to $1.345 bln - $1.360 bln from prior guidance range of $1.32 bln - $1.34 bln. Consensus - $1.35 bln.
| || |
| To receive FREE breaking news email alerts for Lululemon Athletica Inc. and others in your portfolio|
by RTT Staff Writer
For comments and feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org