What makes these stocks interesting?
K12 Inc. (LRN: Quote) reported a profit for the fourth quarter, reflecting increased revenues.
- Q4 net income was $1.8 mln versus loss $2.8 mln last year.
- Q4 EPS was $0.05 versus loss $0.08 last year. Consensus - loss $0.03 per share.
- Q4 revenues up 32.8% to $170.4 mln from $128.3 mln last year. Consensus - $165.39 mln.
Trovagene Inc. (TROV: Quote) said it granted Quest Diagnostics Inc. (DGX) a non-exclusive license to incorporate nucleophosmin protein, or NPM1, into research and clinical testing services related to acute myelogenous leukemia, or AML.
Trovagene holds an exclusive worldwide license to US patent 8,222,370 and the corresponding group of U.S. and foreign patent applications around NPM.
China Green Agriculture Inc. (CGA: Quote) reported higher profit for the fourth quarter and issued financial guidance for the first quarter and fiscal year 2013.
- Sees Q1 EPS in the range of $0.35 - $0.37.
- Expects Q1 net income in the range of $9.5 mln - $10.1 mln.
- Projects Q1 net sales between $35.6 mln and $38.2 mln.
- Expects FY13 EPS in the range of $1.68 - $1.79.
- Expects FY13 net income to range between $46.2 mln and $49.2 mln.
- Projects FY13 net sales in range of $238 mln - $255.9 mln.
BioDelivery Sciences International Inc. (BDSI: Quote) reported a positive outcome of its pivotal pharmacokinetic study for BEMA Buprenorphine/Naloxone or BNX, that is being developed for the potential treatment of opioid dependence and utilizes the patented BioErodible MucoAdhesive or BEMA technology to deliver buprenorphine combined with the opioid antagonist naloxone.
Based on the trial's positive outcome, BDSI continues to anticipate that it would be in a position to submit a New Drug Application or NDA to the U.S. Food and Drug Administration or FDA for BNX during the second quarter of 2013.
Teleflex Inc. (TFX: Quote) said it received FDA 510(k) clearance to market its pressure injectable ARROW PICC preloaded with the ARROW VPS Vascular Positioning System Stylet. The ARROW VPS replaces the need for confirmatory chest X-ray in the presence of a stable Blue Bullseye by using real-time intravascular Doppler, ECG and advanced algorithmic logic to notify the clinician that the catheter tip has reached the optimal location. The preloaded option improves clinician ease of use for vascular navigation and catheter tip positioning.
Vical Inc. (VICL: Quote) announced a worldwide, nonexclusive license to Bristol-Myers Squibb Co. (BMY) of Vical's patented platform DNA immunization technology and its Vaxfectin adjuvant for use in the production of antibodies. Financial terms of the agreement remains undisclosed.
As per the agreement, Bristol-Myers will use Vical's technology to generate antibodies with potential therapeutic uses in humans. In addition, Vical will provide specified quantities of the Vaxfectin adjuvant to Bristol-Myers from time to time.
Argan Inc. (AGX: Quote) reported an increase in second-quarter profit, reflecting higher revenues, due primarily to the significant level of construction activity at a large gas fired power plant in Southern California.
- Q2 net income was $6.2 mln versus $2.1 mln last year.
- Q2 EPS was $0.45 versus $0.15 last year.
- Q2 income from cont. ops. was $5.98 mln versus $1.52 mln last year.
- Q2 EPS from cont. ops. was $0.45 versus $0.11 last year.
- Q2 revenues rose to $82.6 mln from $26.3 mln last year.
Evolution Petroleum Corp. (EPM: Quote) reported higher profit for the fourth quarter, reflecting higher crude oil revenues.
- Q4 net income rose to $926,581 from $534,890 last year.
- Q4 EPS was $0.03 versus $0.02 last year.
- Q4 revenues grew to $4.58 mln from $3.17 mln last year. in the prior year, owing to higher crude oil revenues.
- Raises FY13 production rate by 79% to 569 barrels of oil equivalent per day.
| || |
| To receive FREE breaking news email alerts for Vical Inc. and others in your portfolio|
by RTT Staff Writer
For comments and feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org