NCI Building Systems Inc. (NCS) comes on our radar after reporting a profit and 28.4% growth in sales for the fourth quarter.
NCI Building Systems design, manufacture and market a comprehensive line of metal buildings and components for the nonresidential construction industry.
The company's Metal Coil Coating segment offers full-service coating capabilities for cleaning, treating, slitting and coating various flat-rolled metal coil substrates which are used for nonresidential construction applications by external customers and its own components and building groups, as well as for other industrial applications in the lighting, HVAC and appliance markets.
Metal Components segment designs, engineers, manufactures, and markets metal components, including metal roof and wall systems, metal partitions, metal trims, doors, and other related accessories for construction, repair and retrofit, architectural, and engineered building system applications. It sells metal components directly to regional manufacturers, contractors, subcontractors, distributors, lumberyards, co-operative buying groups, and other customers.
The company's Engineered Building Systems segment offers engineered building systems and self-storage building systems for commercial, industrial, agricultural, governmental, and community markets. This segment sells its products to builders, general contractors, developers, private label companies, and end users through an in-house sales force.
NCI Swings To Profit In Q4
- Q4 net income was $6.3 million or $0.08 per share versus loss $4.4 million or $0.24 per share last year.
- Q4 adj. net income was $6.4 million or $0.08 per share versus loss $2.1 million or $0.11 per share last year. Consensus - $0.08 per share.
- Q4 sales rose 28.4% to $361.69 million from $281.79 million last year.
- Q3 net loss was $52.1 million or $2.74 per share versus $13.1 million or $0.71 per share last year.
- Q3 adj. net income was $918 thousand or $0.05 per share versus loss $6.99 million or $0.38 per share a year ago.
- Q3 sales rose to $298.5 million from $262.1 million last year.
Q2 Adj. Loss Narrows
- Q2 second-quarter net loss was $16.3 million or $0.86 per share versus $9.2 million or $0.51 per share last year.
- Q2 adj. net loss narrowed to $8.4 million or $0.45 per share from $8.7 million or $0.48 per share last year. Consensus - loss $0.39 per share.
- Q2 sales grew to $250.23 million from $225.57 million last year.
- Q1 net loss narrowed to $10.0 million or $0.54 per share from $20.7 million or $1.1.14 per share last year.
- Q1 adj. net loss was $6.0 million or $0.32 per share versus $17.9 million or $0.99 per share last year.
- Q1 sales rose 28% to $243.60 million from $190.09 million last year.
Annual Financial Data
Sales for fiscal 2011 totaled $959.6 million, compared to $870.5 million in 2010, and $965.3 million in 2009.
Net loss applicable to common shares for 2011 amounted to $47.5 million or $2.58 per share, compared to a loss of $311.2 million or $17.07 per share in 2010, and loss $762.5 million or $171.18 per share in 2009.
by RTT Staff Writer
For comments and feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org