Smith & Wesson Holding Corp. (SWHC: Quote) comes on our radar after reporting a profit for the second quarter and lifting full-year guidance.
Smith & Wesson provides products and services for safety, security, protection, and sports in the United States and internationally.
The company offers firearms, handguns, sporting rifles, hunting rifles, black powder firearms, handcuffs, and firearm-related products and accessories. It also provides turnkey perimeter security solutions to protect and control access to key military, government, and corporate facilities.
The company's perimeter security solutions include proprietary products, such as canopies and guard booths, signs and signals, intrusion detection systems and vehicle inspection systems, fencing and gates, and bollards and wedge barriers to reduced-risk and mobile barriers, as well as facility analysis, solution design, system engineering and installation, construction management, customer training, and system maintenance.
In The News...
Swings To Profit In Q2 On Higher Sales, Improved Margins
- Q2 net income was $21.2 million or $0.31 per share versus loss $1.6 million or $0.02 per share last year.
- Q2 income from cont. ops. was $16.4 million or $0.24 per share versus $948,000 or $0.01 per share last year. Consensus - $0.24 per share.
- Q2 net sales rose 48% to $136.56 million from $92.30 million last year. Consensus - $134.78 million.
Issues Q3 Guidance, Boosts FY Outlook
- Projects Q3 net sales in the range of $126.0 million - $131.0 million. Consensus - $125.16 million.
- Expects Q3 EPS from cont. ops. to range between $0.19 and $0.21. Consensus - $0.16 per share.
- Raises FY13 net sales target to $550 million - $560 million from prior view of $530 million - $540 million. Consensus - $537.94 million.
- Lifts FY13 EPS from cont. ops. outlook to $1.00 - $1.05 from prior guidance of $0.85 - $0.90. Consensus - $0.91 per share.
- Q1 net income from cont. ops. was $18.9 million or $0.28 per share versus $2.3 million or $0.04 per share last year. Consensus - $0.18 per share.
- Q1 net sales from cont. ops. totaled $136 million, up 48.3% from $91.7 million last year. Consensus - $128.74 million.
- Q4 net income from cont. ops. was $17.8 million or $0.27 per share versus $4.4 million or $0.07 per share last year.
- Q4 net sales from cont. ops. rose 27.7% to $129.8 million from $101.7 million last year.
- Q3 net income from cont. ops. was $5.4 million or $0.08 per share versus loss $2.7 million or $0.05 per share last year.
- Q3 net sales from cont. ops. grew 23.8% to $98.1 million from $79.2 million last year.
Annual Financial Data
Net income for fiscal 2012 was $16.1 million or $0.25 per share, compared to a loss of $82.7 million or $1.30 per share in 2011, and profit $32.5 million or $0.53 per share in 2010.
Net sales rose to $411.9 million in fiscal 2012 from $342.2 million in 2011, and $357.9 million in 2010.
by RTT Staff Writer
For comments and feedback: email@example.com