Breaking News
FONT-SIZE Plus   Neg
Share SHARE

Equity Residential To Sell 27 Properties For $1.5 Bln

RELATED NEWS
Trade EQR now with 

Equity Residential (EQR: Quote) Monday said it has agreed to sell 27 properties to a joint venture of Goldman, Sachs & Co. (GS) and Greystar Real Estate Partners LLC for $1.5 billion.

The transaction values the 27 properties at about $187,000 per apartment unit. Equity Residential has granted the buyer the right to exclude up to 8 percent of the assets from their purchase, but are obligated to purchase not less than $1.38 billion of assets.

David Neithercut, Equity Residential's chief executive officer, "With this transaction we will have made significant progress selling assets in our exit markets and non-core assets in primary markets to fund our share of the acquisition of Archstone."

The joint venture has agreed to buy a total of 8,010 units located at Washington, northern New Jersey, Florida, Phoenix, Denver, southern California and San Francisco bay areas.

Last November, Equity Residential had agreed to buy 60 percent of apartment owner Archstone Enterprise LP from Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. in a cash and stock deal worth $6.5 billion. AvalonBay Communities, Inc. (AVB) is acquiring the rest 40 percent.

Equity Residential had said it would fund a substantial portion of the acquisition with proceeds from asset sales.

EQR is currently trading at $57.36, up $0.13 or 0.23%, on the NYSE.

Register
To receive FREE breaking news email alerts for Equity Residential and others in your portfolio

by RTT Staff Writer

For comments and feedback: editorial@rttnews.com

Business News

Editors Pick
South African blade-runner Oscar Pistorius has been sentenced to five years in prison over the killing of his girlfriend and model Reeva Steenkamp. Judge Thokozile Masipa, who found Pistorius guilty of culpable homicide last month, delivered the verdict at the High Court in Pretoria Tuesday. Separately, the 27-year-old Paralympian has also been handed a three-year suspended sentence for a firear The Chinese economy logged its weakest expansion since early 2009 in the third quarter as slowdown in investment, particularly in the property sector, continued to drag the recovery. Gross domestic product grew 7.3 percent in the third quarter from a year ago, slower than the 7.5 percent expansion seen a quarter ago, the National Bureau of Statistics reported Tuesday. Apple Inc. said Monday that its fourth quarter profit rose 13% from last year, driven by strong sales of its iPhones and Mac computers. The company's quarterly earnings per share also came in above analysts' expectations as did its quarterly sales. At the same time, the company gave an upbeat revenue forecast for the current quarter, which includes the all important holiday season.
comments powered by Disqus
FREE Newsletters, Analysis & Alerts

 

Stay informed with our FREE daily Newsletters and real-time breaking News Alerts. Sign up to receive the latest information on business news, health, technology, biotech, market analysis, currency trading and more.