logo
Plus   Neg
Share
Email

Qualcomm Says Board To Review Broadcom's Sweetened $82 Per Share Bid

Qualcomm Inc. (QCOM) confirmed Monday that it has received a revised, non-binding, unsolicited proposal from Broadcom Ltd. (AVGO) to acquire all outstanding shares of Qualcomm for $60.00 per share in cash and $22.00 per share in Broadcom stock.

Qualcomm said its board of directors, in consultation with its financial and legal advisors, will review the revised proposal to determine the course of action it believes is in the best interests of the company and its stockholders. The company added that it will have no further comment on the proposal until its Board has completed its review.

Earlier on Monday, Broadcom said it has made a "best and final offer" to acquire all outstanding shares of common stock of Qualcomm for $82.00 per each Qualcomm share, consisting of $60.00 in cash and the remainder in Broadcom shares.

Broadcom's improved offer is premised on either Qualcomm acquiring NXP Semiconductors on the currently disclosed terms of $110 per NXP share or the transaction being terminated, and is also premised on Qualcomm not delaying or adjourning its annual meeting past March 6, 2018.

In November 2017, Qualcomm's board had unanimously rejected Broadcom's non-binding, unsolicited proposal to acquire Qualcomm for per share consideration of $60.00 in cash and $10.00 in Broadcom stock.

by RTTNews Staff Writer

For comments and feedback: editorial@rttnews.com

Business News

Quick Facts

Editors Pick
Shortly after announcing a racial bias training for the staff, Starbucks revealed its changed policy of allowing anyone to use its spaces, rest rooms, cafes and patios even without buying anything from the stores. The new policy will be consistent all across U.S. stores. Tesla Inc.'s CEO Elon Musk has revealed new specifications and options for its Model 3 electric car, including a high-end version of the sedan that will cost around $78,000. In a series of posts on Twitter Saturday night, Musk said that the Model 3 will be available in two versions, with dual motors and all-wheel drive in July. Musk also made an announcement regarding a new service program. Billionaire entrepreneur Elon Musk on Thursday showed off his concept for the Loop, a high-speed underground public transportation system that will carry up to 16 people and travel at 150 miles per hour. At the Boring Company Information Session, Musk and project leader Steve Davis provided details of the underground mass transit tunnels that the Boring Co. plans to build beneath Los Angeles.
Follow RTT