logo
Plus   Neg
Share
Email

Third Australian Dies Out Of Listeria Contamination

A third Australian has died after eating rockmelon contaminated with listeria bacteria, reports said.

The New South Wales Health has issued warning against consuming melon purchased before March 1. All contaminated products, which came from a farm in New South Wales, have been withdrawn from supermarket shelves.

The authority confirmed that first two victims were from New South Wales and the third from Victoria. About 15 elderly people have been infected with listeria since January.

Listeria is a bacteria found in soil and water and certain animals, including poultry and cattle, which can be deadly for pregnant women and elderly people with weakened immune systems.

by RTTNews Staff Writer

For comments and feedback: editorial@rttnews.com

Business News

Follow RTT