logo

Slide Shows

Share
Events

Biotech Stocks Facing FDA Decision In August As another month comes to a close, it’s time to take a look back at some of the biggest news stories of July on the pharma sector, and look ahead at what’s coming next over the horizon on the regulatory front.

Best and Worst US airlines for pets Traveling with pets requires pet owners to do some study to choose the best pet-friendly airline for their loyal companion. People traveling with their pets need to understand the pet travel policies of airlines before they travel, including the rules for service animals, emotional support animals, and their beloved pets. Federal law, enforced by the USDA Animal and Plant Health Inspection Services, lists several requirements for the pet owners and airlines to keep their pets as safe and comfortable as possible during the trip.

New Drugs Approved In June The process of drug development is challenging. Some drugs pass the FDA muster easily, while some face a host of hurdles before getting the official stamp of approval. As of this writing, 21 novel drugs have been approved by the FDA. Novel drugs are new molecular entities (NMEs) having chemical structures that have never been approved before. Now, let's have a look at the full list of drugs, including novel drugs, to have gained the regulatory nod in the U.S. in June.

Alzheimer's Drugs In Late Stage Pipeline Alzheimer's disease is an irreversible, progressive brain disorder causing problems with memory, thinking and behavior. An estimated 5.7 million Americans are said to have Alzheimer’s disease, and this number is projected to exceed 7.1 million by 2025.

Biotech Stocks Facing FDA Decision In July Updated

New drugs approved in May The bench to bedside journey of drugs is no easy task. Some drug candidates fail to complete the journey while many make it to the finish line only after undergoing numerous obstacles.

Growin' Like A Weed: These Are The World's 10 Biggest Marijuana Companies The marijuana industry is growing by leaps and bounds, making it one of the fastest growing industries on the planet. According to cannabis research firm ArcView and its research partner BDS Analytics, spending on legal cannabis worldwide is expected to reach $57 billion by 2027. The adult use, or recreational market, is expected to cover 67 percent of the spending, while medical marijuana will account for the remaining 33 percent. Canada legalized medical cannabis way back in 2001 and is home to many of the largest cannabis companies in the world. The federal government has announced plans to legalize adult use later this year, which would make Canada the first G7 country to federally legalize adult use.

Corporate Stains: 10 Major Companies Accused Of Racism A number of major U.S. companies have been targeted by social justice warriors accusing them of racism. Some of the charges were spot-on, while others were less obvious.

Best Cities For Students 2018 The number of people in higher education has been continuing to grow in recent years. It is forecast that by 2025, the number of students around the globe enrolled in higher education will rise to 262 million. QS Quacquarelli Symonds has released their 2018 list of the best places in the world for university students to study. The fifth edition of the ranking is based on over 50,000 student responses. Published annually, the QS Best Student Cities index showcases the best urban destinations in the world for international students, based on a diverse range of indicators grouped into five key categories. The ratings are based on factors such as the top universities in a city, affordability, student experience, job prospects, cultural diversity and quality of life. It also attempts to quantify some of the attractions and disadvantages of these cities.

Biotech stocks facing FDA Decision in June Time is flying, and we are already five months into the year. Thirteen novel drugs have been approved by the FDA so far in 2018 - with 4 being greenlighted in the month of May.