Arizona Congresswoman Ann Kirkpatrick, D-Ariz., announced Tuesday she is running for the Senate seat currently held by Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz. Kirkpatrick, a three-term lawmaker from a swing district, could provide a formidable challenge to McCain, who announced plans to run for re-election to a sixth term last month.
Senator John McCain, R-Ariz., will turn 80 years old before Election Day in 2016 but declared Monday night that his age will not stop him from running for a sixth term in the Senate.
Blue Bell Ice Cream of Brenham, Texas, is recalling three flavors of ice cream cups because they have the potential to be contaminated with the deadly bacterium Listeria monocytogenes.
Mall operator Simon Property Group Inc. said Monday that it has offered to acquire smaller rival Macerich Co. for $22.4 billion in cash and stock, including the assumption of Macerich's about $6.4 billion of debt outstanding.
Simon Property said it has sent a letter to Macerich, confirming its prior talks regarding a proposal to acquire all of the outstanding stock of Macerich for $91 per share.
Mall operator Simon Property Group Inc. (SPG) made its latest takeover approach to smaller rival Macerich Co. (MAC) within the past few weeks, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday, citing people familiar with the matter.
According to the WSJ report, in late 2014 too, Simon Property had made an...
What would be the impact of loosing an hour of sleep during the Daylight Saving Time? Many of you might be thinking it can have no significant impact on our life. But studies say you may be wrong.
Arizona Governor Doug Ducey announced that Apple Inc. (AAPL) will be expanding in Arizona, with a $2 billion investment in Mesa on a command center for the company's global networks.
The facility is expected to employ 150 full-time Apple employees, with 300-500 construction and trade jobs. Additionally,...
Zac Brown Band have been announced as the headliners for a concert on January 28, which will kick off three days of music in advance of Super Bowl XLIX, as part of the first-ever DIRECTV Super Fan Festival. They will be joined by fellow country acts Thomas Rhett, Sam Hunt and the Cadillac Three. Celebrity baker Duff Goldman will also host a cake-cutting.
Arizona has filed lawsuit against General Motors, LLC (GM) for ignition switch defects. Attorney General Tom Horne filed a lawsuit against the automaker on behalf of the State of Arizona, which seeks civil penalties.
The lawsuit claims the company deliberately endangered Arizona motorists and the...
Mitsui & Co.,Ltd. (MITSY.PK) has sold its 25 percent stake in Silver Bell Mining LLC, to AR Silver Bell, Inc., which holds the remaining 75 percent. The stock sell-off was completed on September 22, 2014.
Silver Bell Mining operates the Silver Bell Copper Mine, located in Arizona, U.S.A.
Cal-Maine Foods, Inc. (CALM) said Friday that it has entered into a new joint venture for specialty egg sales with Hickman's Egg Ranch, Inc.
Based in Buckeye, Arizona, a suburb of Phoenix in western Maricopa County, Hickman's Egg Ranch has been family-owned and operated since 1944. With processing...
GT Advanced Technologies Inc. (GTAT), a supplier of sapphire material to Apple Inc. (AAPL), on Wednesday reported a loss for the first quarter that widened from last year, reflecting lower revenues at its polysilicon and sapphire segments in addition to higher expenses.
Loss per share came in wider...
Controversial Arizona Governor Jan Brewer announced Wednesday that she will not run for another term in office later this year. Announcing her decision at an elementary school in Glendale, Brewer indicated that the time had come to "pass the torch of leadership."