Earnings News

Share SHARE

Tesco-041614.jpg Tesco Plc's shares increased around 4 percent in the morning trade in London after the British supermarket chain posted Wednesday a higher profit in its fiscal year 2014, benefited by lower charges and a slight increase in sales. Group trading profit, meanwhile, declined 6 percent due to a weakening UK grocery market and challenging trading conditions mainly in Europe.

ASML-041614.jpg Dutch semiconductor equipment maker ASML Holding NV (ASML) Wednesday reported a significant increase in its first-quarter profit, supported by solid improvement in sales that benefited from memory customers. The firm, however, expects sales in the second quarter to be affected by adjustments of system demand from some logic customers.

British supermarket chain Tesco Plc (TSCDY.PK, TSCO.L) posted annual Group statutory pre-tax profit from continuing operations of 2.26 billion pounds, after one-off charges totaling (801) million pounds, including (734) million pounds for the impairment of European assets. Despite these charges and a...

Reckitt Benckiser Group plc (RBGPF.PK, RB.L) reported first-quarter total net revenue of 2.37 billion pounds; down 6% from last year. At constant exchange rate, revenue was up 3%. Like-for-like revenue increased 2%. At constant rates, total net revenue growth (ex RBP) was 5% and LFL net revenue growth...

CreditSuisse-041614.jpg Swiss lender Credit Suisse Group reported Wednesday a sharp decline in first-quarter profit, hurt mainly by weak performance in its investment banking segment, despite improved results in Private Banking & Wealth Management businesses.

German engineering company GEA Group AG (GEAGF.PK, GEAGY.PK) said Group revenues in the first quarter rose by about 6 percent organically, with all business segments contributing to the growth. The group's revenue increased to 951 million euros from 924 million euros last year, despite currency translation...

French diary giant Danone SA (DANOY.PK) posted 5.2% lower consolidated reported sales of 5.06 billion euros in the first quarter of 2014, versus 5.34 billion euros last year. Excluding the impact of changes in the basis for comparison, that include exchange rates and scope of consolidation, sales grew...

Syngenta (SYT) reported first-quarter sales of $4.7 billion, compared to $4.6 billion, previous year; an increase of 5 percent at constant exchange rates. The company said the increase in reported sales was 2 percent owing to the depreciation of a number of emerging market currencies against the dollar. Integrated...

Swiss lender Credit Suisse Group (CS) Wednesday said first-quarter net income attributable to shareholders decreased to 859 million Swiss francs from 1.303 billion francs in the previous year. Earnings per share fell to 0.48 franc from 0.75 franc. Net revenues declined to 6.829 billion francs from...

Networking and communications equipment provider ADTRAN, Inc. (ADTN) reported that its first quarter net income grew to $9.6 million or $0.17 per share from $7.9 million or $0.13 per share for the year-ago quarter. Non-GAAP earnings per share for the quarter were $0.21, higher than the $0.17 per share...

BHP Billiton Ltd. (BHP, BHP.AX, BBL, BLT.L), the world's biggest miner, said that iron ore production for the third quarter rose 23% from last year to 49.57 million tons. However, copper production for the third quarter fell 5% year-over-year to 413,900 tons. However, the company left its full-year...

Gainers: Yahoo! Inc. (YHOO) gained over 6 percent to $36.38. The company's first quarter earnings declined from the year-ago quarter, while its adjusted earnings per share topped Wall Street view. Revenues, excluding traffic acquisition costs, came in above the consensus estimate. Search revenue ex-TAC...

Chip maker Linear Technology Corp (LLTC), Tuesday reported a six percent increase in third-quarter profit, helped by double-digit growth in revenues, partly offset by a higher tax rate. However, revenue for the quarter came in short of Wall Street estimates. Looking ahead to the fourth quarter, the...

Chipmaker Linear Technology Corp. (LLTC) reported net income for the third quarter of $117.6 million or $0.48 per share, compared to $111.0 million or $0.46 per share for the year-ago quarter. Excluding items, adjusted net income for the latest third quarter was $134.5 million or $0.55 per share,...

CSX-041514.jpg Railroad operator CSX Corp. (CSX), Tuesday reported a drop in profit for the first quarter, hurt largely by the harsh winter that offset a moderate growth in revenues. Both earnings and revenues for the quarter topped Wall Street's expectations. The company also boosted its quarterly dividend by 7 percent. Jacksonville,...