The U.S. Justice Department on Thursday announced the extradition of three arms traffickers from Montenegro to the United States to face charges of conspiring to sell military-grade weapons to the Fuerzas Armadas Revolucionarias de Colombia, widely known as the FARC.
Of the three traffickers, Cristian...
UNESCO expressed outrage over the terrorist attack on Mosul Museum, with Director-General Irina Bokova condemning the destruction of statues and other artifacts at the museum in Iraq.
Large statues from the UNESCO world Heritage site of Hatra, as well as unique artifacts from the archaeological sites...
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon on Thursday expressed concern over new reports of violence and loss of life in Venezuela amid a Government clampdown on protests in the South American country.
In a statement, Ban's spokesperson said the Secretary-General had taken note of the Government's...
The Federal Communications Commission on Thursday voted along expected lines to adopt new rules to monitor Internet service providers to protect open access and innovation, pacifying consumers and tech companies like Netflix, while creating heartburn for cable and telecom companies.
Despite opposition from a number of Republicans, Loretta Lynch's nomination as the nation's next Attorney General was cleared by the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday.
Further reinforcing Hillary Clinton's position as the frontrunner for the Democratic presidential nomination, the results of a Quinnipiac University poll show the former Secretary of State with a substantial lead in an early look at the Iowa caucuses.
As consumers' choice for mobile payment surges, with smartphone makers, Internet companies and credit card firms in the fray, no clear winner is yet to emerge in this financial landscape that is set to flourish and chisel the fate of businesses, shows a survey commissioned by Placecast.
Everybody knew it, but now it has been confirmed. A new study confirms that highly processed foods like chocolate, pizza and French fries are extremely addictive.
According to the study, processed foods are highly addictive, with researchers even likening its addictiveness to hard drugs. Scientists...
Dunkin' Donuts angered supporters of Liverpool Football Club by changing the flames on the LFC crest to Dunkin's coffee cups.
The flames are meant to honor the 96 Liverpool fans who lost their lives in the Hillsborough tragedy of 1989.
The LFC supporters were crushed to death when authorities negligently...
The Department of State has warned U.S. citizens of the risks of travel to Chad and recommended that they avoid travel to all border regions, particularly those areas adjacent to Chad's eastern border and the Lake Chad region.
The entire Lake Chad region, not only along Chad's border with Nigeria,...
Reflecting a notable rebound in orders for transportation equipment, the Commerce Department released a report on Thursday showing that U.S. durable goods orders increased by much more than expected in the month of January.
At a time when awareness on organ donation is catching up, a scientist is planning for a head transplantation. In an article published in the latest issue of New Scientist, Turin-based Sergio Canavero says a head transplantation surgery could be possible in next two years.
The Hong Kong government plans to hold talks with Walt Disney Co. on further expanding the Hong Kong Disneyland theme park to twice its present size. The move is part of the government's efforts to boost tourism and propel overall economic growth. The Disneyland theme park in Hong Kong is owned 52 percent by the Hong Kong government, while the remaining 48 percent stake is owned by Disney.
With energy prices showing another substantial decrease, the Labor Department released a report on Thursday showing that U.S. consumer prices fell by slightly more than expected in the month of January.
Social networking website Facebook, Inc. has added a new feature for suicide prevention starting Wednesday. The new feature provides the user an option when they see a friend post something that indicates that he or she is considering self harm or suicide. It works on both desktop and mobile.