logo

Mergers & Acquisitions

Share SHARE

Brookfield-Terraform-012317.jpg TerraForm Global, Inc., an operator of clean energy power plants, said Monday that it has signed an exclusivity agreement with Brookfield Asset Management Inc. to negotiate a potential business combination between them. Shares of TerraForm Global are gaining more than 6 percent in pre-market activity following the announcement.

Silgan Holdings Inc. (SLGN) announced an agreement with WestRock Company (WRK) to acquire its specialty closures and dispensing systems business for $1.025 billion in cash plus the assumption of approximately $25 million in foreign pension liability. Silgan expects the acquisition to be accretive to...

Brookfield Canada Office Properties (BOXC, BOX_UN.TO) said it acknowledges the press release issued by Brookfield Property Partners L.P. (BPY, BPY_UN.TO) earlier today announcing its proposal to acquire all of the Brookfield Canada Office Properties units that it does not own. Under its proposal,...

AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (AMC) announced Monday that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire Stockholm-based Nordic Cinema Group Holding AB, a theatre exhibitor. AMC is purchasing Nordic from European private equity firm Bridgepoint and Swedish media group Bonnier Holding in...

Cytori Therapeutics, Inc. (CYTX) announced Thursday that it has entered into a definitive agreement to acquire certain assets from privately held Azaya Therapeutics Inc. Under the deal terms, at the closing of the deal, Cytori will issue $2 million in Cytori common stock up front, 25 percent of which...

Eli Lilly and Co. (LLY) said that it agreed to acquire CoLucid Pharmaceuticals Inc. (CLCD) for $46.50 per share or about $960 million. CoLucid Pharmaceuticals is a public biopharmaceutical company developing an oral 5-HT1F agonist (lasmiditan) for the acute treatment of migraine. CoLucid has completed...

verizoneWireless-011717.jpg Verizon is mulling the acquisition of a big cable company following its rival AT&T's deals with DirecTV and Time Warner, the New York Post reported, citing two well-placed sources. The move is expected to help the firm grow demand for its wireless data products.

Loxam SAS announced that it has raised its recommended all cash offer for Lavendon Group plc to 270 pence per share. Loxam noted that the third increased offer values the entire share capital of Lavendon in issue as at 17 January 2017 at £459 million. Loxam said it has received an irrevocable undertaking...

Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) Tuesday said it agreed to buy SimpliVity, a provider of software-defined, hyperconverged infrastructure, for $650 million in cash. The hyperconverged market was estimated to be about $2.4 billion in 2016, and is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate of...

BAT-RAI-011717.jpg British American Tobacco plc Tuesday said it has agreed to buy the remaining 57.8 percent of Reynolds American Inc. it does not already own in $49.4 billion cash and stock deal. The companies said the deal would create a stronger, truly global tobacco and Next Generation Products company. The British tobacco major currently owns 42.2 percent of Reynolds.

British American Tobacco plc (BATS.L, BTI), which owns 42.2 percent of Reynolds American Inc. (RAI), announced Tuesday that it has agreed to acquire the remaining 57.8% stake for $59.64 per Reynolds share or total $49.4 billion. Both companies have agreed on the terms of a recommended offer for BAT...

Essilor-Luxottica-011617.jpg France-based optical-lens maker Essilor International SA (EL), Delfin and Ray-Ban maker Luxottica Group (LUX) Monday announced their plan to merge in a deal valued around $49 billion. Essilor would become a holding company with the new name "EssilorLuxottic."

Andersons, Inc. (ANDE) said it plans to exit the retail business and close its remaining four retail stores in the second quarter of 2017. The retail closings will have no impact on the company's grain, ethanol, plant nutrient and rail operations. The closing will eliminate approximately 650 positions...

Quinpario Acquisition Corp. 2 (QPAC, QPACW, QPACU), a special purpose acquisition company, announced late Friday that it entered into a non-binding letter of intent to acquire and combine two privately owned companies. The proposed transaction is valued at a total enterprise value of approximately $2.7...

Follow RTT