What makes the following stocks interesting?
Online trading marketplace MercadoLibre Inc. (MELI: Quote), partly owned by eBay Inc. (EBAY) posted higher-than-expected quarterly profit, on strong sales.
- Q2 net income of $25.38 million or $0.57 per share, up from year-ago $14.82 million or $0.34 per share. Consensus estimate $0.49.
- Revenues rose 28% to $88.84 million from $69.38 million last year. Consensus revenue estimate $88.02 million.
Colony Financial, Inc. (CLNY: Quote) posted better-than expected quarterly earnings.
- Q2 Core Earnings, a non-GAAP financial measure, rose to $13.8 million, or $0.42 per from $8.1 million, or $0.25 per share. Consensus 0.38 per share.
- Q2 Net income attributable to common stockholders increased to $12.02 million, or $0.36 per share, from $8.04 million, or $0.25 per share.
- Total income for the quarter was $25.6 million, up from $13.3 million last year. Consensus $19.94 million.
Oil and Gas company EOG Resources Inc. (EOG: Quote) posted better-than-expected second-quarter profit, as production exceeded 50%.
- Q2 profit of $395.8 million, or $1.47 per share, vs. year-ago $295.6 million, or $1.10 per share. Excluding items, EPS was $1.16 per share vs. consensus of 91 cents per share.
- Revenues rose to $2.91 billion from $2.57 billion last year. Consensus 2.52 billion.
- Raises full-year Production Growth Target to 9% Percent from 7%.
- Raises full-year Crude Oil Production Growth Target to 37% from 33%.
- Raises Full Year Total Company Total Liquids Growth Target to 35% from 33%.
- Full year Capital Expenditure Budget unchanged
Infrastructure construction companyMasTec, Inc. (MTZ: Quote) posted better-than-expected second quarter results, issued upbeat guidance for the third quarter and raised full-year targets above estimates.
- Expects Q3 earnings of $0.52, on projected revenues between $950 million and $1.0 billion. Consensus - EPS of $0.49 on revenues of $904.35 million.
- Raises full-year EPS target to about $1.50 from prior forecast of about $1.42. Consensus $1.42.
- Raises full-year revenue outlook to a range of $3.55 billion to $3.60 billion from the previous guidance of about $3.35 billion. Consensus $3.4 billion.
Pre-paid debit card company NetSpend Holdings Inc. (NTSP: Quote) posted better-than-expected quarterly profit, and raised its forecast for the full year.
- Raises FY12 revenue guidance To $347 - $353 million From prior projections of $338 - $347 million. Consensus $344.8 million.
Raises FY12 EPS guidance to between $0.54 and $0.58 from earlier $0.51 to $0.55. Consensus 0.54.
Semiconductor solutions company MaxLinear, Inc. (MXL: Quote) currently sees third-quarter revenues of $27.0 million to $28.0 million, representing 10-15% sequential growth, and more than 50% year-over year revenue growth. Consensus $25.82 million.
Griffon Corp. (GFF: Quote), which makes manufactures home and building, technology related, and plastic products, posted higher third-quarter profit.
- Net profit was $9.05 million or $0.16 per share, vs. year-ago $4.87 million or $0.08 per share.
- Adjusted income rose to $7.42 million or $0.13 per share from year-ago $3.17 million or $0.05 per share.
Revenues for the quarter grew to $480.25 million from $455.28 million last year.
Arabian American Development Co. (ARSD: Quote), which specializes in high purity petrochemical solvents , posted higher profit and revenues for the second quarter, as the company increased its petrochemical capacity
- Q2 Net income attributable to the company was up 2274% at $3.8 million, or $0.15 per share, vs. year-ago $0.16 million, or $0.01 per share.
- Revenue increased 44.7% to a record $61.8 million from $42.7 million last year.
| || |
| To receive FREE breaking news email alerts for Mercadolibre Inc. and others in your portfolio|
by RTT Staff Writer
For comments and feedback: email@example.com