logo
Plus   Neg
Share
Email

Dick Cheney Released From Hospital After Heart Transplant

DickCheney-040412.jpg

Former Vice President Dick Cheney was released from a Virginia hospital on Tuesday, April 3, just ten days after undergoing a heart transplant.

A statement released through Cheney's office says that doctor's were impressed by his "remarkable" recovery, which was quicker "than anyone could have hoped for."

"He would like to thank the physicians at Inova Fairfax and George Washington University Hospitals for the outstanding care they have provided," the statement added. "As he leaves the hospital, the former Vice President and his family want to again express their deep gratitude to the donor and the donor's family for this remarkable gift."

Cheney, 71, has suffered five heart attacks over the past 30 years or so; he waited two years to receive the new heart.

Doctors expect he could experience another ten years of quality living with the new organ.

For comments and feedback contact: editorial@rttnews.com

Business News

Editors Pick
The U.S. Department of Justice has reached a settlement agreement with a Texas-based Taco Bell franchise owner for immigration-related discrimination against certain employees. The settlement resolves the DOJ's investigation into whether MUY Brands LLC, and a related management company, MUY Consulting Inc., violated the Immigration and Nationality Act. Starbucks is gearing up for the upcoming holiday season by introducing its 2019 holiday flavors in U.S. grocery stores. The launch of the coffee giant's holiday line-up this year includes returning holiday favorites as well as a new item. Customers can now take home products that are making a comeback such as Starbucks Holiday Blend K-Cup and Ground Coffee, Peppermint Mocha Flavored Ground Coffee, Peekay International issued a recall of 7 ounce and 14 ounce packs containing Keshav Dry Apricot food treats as they contain undeclared allergens such as sulfites, according to a statement published by The U.S. Food and Drug Administration. Consumption of the product by those allergic or having severe sensitivity to sulfites could run the risk of serious or life-threatening allergic reactions.
Follow RTT
>