logo
Plus   Neg
Share
Email

Student Dies From Playing 'Choking Game'

A ninth grade student in Colorado Springs died last week after playing what is referred to as the "choking game."

KDVR reports that Sean Hill is the second District 20 student to die as a result of playing the game in the last three years.

To choking game consists of one temporarily asphyxiating one's self to the point of passing out, causing a brief high.

The Colorado Springs Gazette reports that five deaths were reported in Colorado as a result of the game between 2007 and 2011.

Following his death, Sean Hill's family released a statement through Academy-School District 20, that said, "Sean died accidentally while experimenting with what's commonly referred to as the 'choking game.' (His family) has asked us to encourage you to please make safe decisions."

As a result of the growing concern for the game, the CDC has warned parents to be on the lookout for symptoms in youths, such as bloodshot eyes, marks on the neck, and becoming disoriented after being alone.

For comments and feedback contact: editorial@rttnews.com

Business News

Follow RTT