logo
Plus   Neg
Share
Email

Loblaw Recalls No Name Chicken Burgers Over Salmonella Fears

Loblaw Companies Limited recalled select packages of No Name Chicken Burgers with the best before code "2019 FE 06" or inner bag code "0378M" and UPC 060383166366 sold before June 2, 2018 since they may pose a risk to consumers if improperly prepared. Improper handling and preparation of these and any other raw chicken products could expose consumers to salmonella.

According to Health Canada, the risk of contracting salmonella can be avoided if safe food handling, preparation and cooking practices are followed. All consumers are advised to properly follow cooking instructions on food packaging and cook frozen raw, breaded chicken products to a safe internal temperature of at least 74°C (165°F).

The company noted that all affected products have been removed from store shelves. Customers can return the product to any store where No Name products are sold and the customer service desk will provide a full refund.

the company said, " We apologize for any concern or inconvenience this recall may have caused."

For comments and feedback contact: editorial@rttnews.com

Business News

Editors Pick
SiriusXM launched a new subscription package exclusively for college students at a steep discount, just ahead of the fall semester. The satellite-radio giant introduced the "Student Premier" Package that provides students with all the content in SiriusXM's "Premier Streaming" package for $4 per month. This is a 69 percent discount from the regular price of $12.99 per month for Premier Streaming. Apple Inc. warned that its newly launched titanium Apple Card can be easily damaged if not stored properly. The company advised that the card must be kept away from fabrics like leather and denim as they can cause permanent discoloration. The tech giant has posted a support page that provides instructions to users on how to protect and maintain their Apple Card. Southwire Co. LLC recalled about 3000 units of Garvin pop-up electrical outlet floor box kits for concerns of fire hazard. The company said the electrical receptacles can overheat when in use. Southwire already received three reports of the floor boxes overheating. However, there have been no injuries reported so far.
Follow RTT