logo
Plus   Neg
Share
Email

QinetiQ To Buy Military Training Provider Inzpire For GBP 23.5 Mln

QinetiQ Group plc (QQ.L), a defense, security and aerospace company, announced Monday that it has agreed to acquire 85% of the shares of Inzpire Group Limited, with an agreement to acquire the remaining 15% after two years, for a total consideration of 23.5 million pounds.

Inzpire is a provider of operational training and mission systems for military customers in the UK and internationally. Approximately three quarters of its revenue comes from airborne training and evaluation services, primarily for the Royal Air Force.

Inzpire has a five-year track record of consistent revenue growth, and is expected to deliver 13.3 million pounds revenue and 2.0 million pounds of adjusted EBITDA in the financial year to August 31, 2018.

Inzpire is growing internationally, working for the European Defence Agency and customers in the Middle East.

QinetiQ said that Inzpire creates cost effective mission control systems that are disrupting a market traditionally dominated by large defence contractors. In addition to access to capital for growth, this strategic investment provides Inzpire with access to QinetiQ's missions systems capabilities to enhance and broaden its differentiated offerings.

For comments and feedback contact: editorial@rttnews.com

Business News

Editors Pick
Tailored Brands Inc., which owns menswear brands Men's Wearhouse and Jos. A. Bank, announced its emergence from Chapter 11 protection, eliminating $686 million of existing debt. The company has now completed its financial restructuring process and the implementation of the Plan of Reorganization confirmed by the U.S. Bankruptcy Court on November 13. The Federal Aviation Administration issued first airworthiness certificate for one of the new Boeing 737 Max jets on Monday since the aircraft was grounded worldwide in March 2019 following two crashes that killed 364 people, media reports quoting a FAA spokesman said. Amazon Web Services or AWS, the cloud division of Amazon, announced the launch of new virtual computing instances, known as EC2 Mac instances, for Apple app developers. The new Mac instances will help AWS users to run Apple's macOS operating system on Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud or Amazon EC2. EC2 Mac instances will allow customers to run on-demand macOS workloads in the AWS cloud.
RELATED NEWS
Follow RTT