logo
Plus   Neg
Share
Email

Ice Cube Apologizes To John Witherspoon For Not Making 'Last Friday'

rapper-ice-cube-103118-lt.jpg

While speaking at John Witherspoon's funeral last week, Ice Cube apologized to the actor and comedian for not making a third sequel to the original Friday movie.

"I really apologize to my friend for not getting the next Friday movie made," Cube told mourners at Forest Lawn Cemetery in Glendale, California, which included Witherspoon's famous friends.

"It's not my fault. Some dumb-ass people in Hollywood at New Line Cinema, if you wanna … you can email Toby Emmerich and Richard Brener if you feel like I feel. Yeah, you punks had two scripts and you didn't wanna do them," he added.

"That's the real. We were tryin' to make that movie for years and we couldn't get it done. We got the other three and we got our memories," said the rapper and producer.

The script for Last Friday, the fourth installment in the franchise, was ready by May this year, and Witherspoon had agreed to reprise his role as "Pops" in it.

The film's future is uncertain in the wake of his death.

For comments and feedback contact: editorial@rttnews.com

Entertainment News

Follow RTT
>