logo
Plus   Neg
Share
Email

Garth Brooks Announces Extension Of Dive Bar Tour Into 2020

garthbrooks 070519 lt

Garth Brooks announced earlier this week that he will extend his Dive Bar Tour into 2020.

The reigning CMA Entertainer of the Year made the announcement during his weekly "Inside Studio G" broadcast, aired via Facebook Live.

Brooks launched the tour in partnership with Seagram's 7 Crown to promote "Dive Bar," a collaboration with Blake Shelton. Brooks co-wrote the song with Mitch Rossell and Bryan Kennedy.

Recently, during a Dive Bar Tour show, Brooks hinted at the possibility of continuing the tour by adding dates in 2020.

"All of a sudden you realize, 'Hey, wait a minute other than [my wife] Miss [Trisha] Yearwood, I'm the boss of me, and so we don't have to end the dive bars just because we've done seven," he said on stage.

"It is official. It's like, why stop eating ice cream, right? ... The dive bars are just too good, so we're gonna continue them through 2020," Brooks said on Monday. "You're lucky enough to do stadiums, arenas, theaters, outdoor shows, whatever ... dive bars might be hittin' that sweet spot for me."

Brooks has so far not announced any of the Dive Bar Tour dates for 2020 but said he'll launch the 2020 leg with a performance in the Boston area, since weather forced him to postpone a planned Dive Bar show at Foxborough's Six String Grill & Stage on December 2.

For comments and feedback contact: editorial@rttnews.com

Entertainment News

Follow RTT