logo
Plus   Neg
Share
Email

BHP's Andrew Mackenzie To Retire Three Months Earlier Than Expected

The outgoing chief executive officer of BHP, Andrew Mackenzie, will retire from company three months earlier than first planned, as his handover to Mike Henry progresses ahead of schedule.

Mackenzie was initially set to retire on June 30 after handing over the reins to Henry in January, but will now leave the world's biggest miner on March 31.

However, Mackenzie planned departure from the CEO role is still the end of 2019.

"The Board, Mr Mackenzie and Mr Henry are confident that the CEO transition is proceeding well and ahead of schedule, with Mike Henry assuming the role of Chief Executive Officer from 1 January 2020, as previously announced," BHP said in a statement.

BHP noted that Andrew Mackenzie will continue to be employed by the company until 31 March 2020 under the terms of the 2019 remuneration policy. The company will pay him a salary, make pension contributions and provide usual other minor benefits until then. His base salary is US$1.70 million per annum and pension contributions are 25 per cent of salary for fiscal year 2020.

Upon retiring, Mackenzie will be entitled to receive the accumulated value of funds under relevant pension plans, together with the value of any accrued leave.

Mackenzie will receive no severance payment, and no payment in lieu of notice.

For comments and feedback contact: editorial@rttnews.com

Business News

Editors Pick
Walt Disney Co.'s streaming service Disney+ now has 50 million paid subscribers globally, with the company achieving the milestone within five months after its U.S. launch. WeWork's parent company, We Company, said it has filed a lawsuit against Japanese conglomerate SoftBank Group Corp. for failing to consummate a $3 billion tender offer for the company's shares. After WeWork's failed attempt at an initial public offering last year, SoftBank acquired a majority stake in the office sharing company in a bailout, severing most ties with WeWork co-founder Adam Neumann. Walgreens is expanding drive-thru testing for the coronavirus to fifteen new locations in seven states across the U.S. later this week. They include Arizona, Florida, Illinois, Kentucky, Louisiana, Tennessee and Texas. The drive-thru locations are part of Walgreens' collaboration with the administration, federal health agencies, and state and local authorities to expand access to COVID-19 testing.
RELATED NEWS
Follow RTT
>