logo
Plus   Neg
Share
Email

Apple Launches $200 Mln Restore Fund To Accelerate Natural Solutions To Climate Change

Apple Inc. (AAPL) and its partners have launched a $200 million "Restore Fund" to accelerate natural solutions to climate change, the company said in a statement.

Launched with Conservation International and Goldman Sachs, the fund aims to remove at least 1 million metric tons of carbon dioxide annually from the atmosphere, equivalent to the amount of fuel used by over 200,000 passenger vehicles.

The effort is part of Apple's broader goal to become carbon neutral across its entire value chain by 2030.

Apple said it will directly eliminate 75 percent of emissions for its supply chain and products by 2030, while the fund will help address the remaining 25 percent of Apple's emissions by removing carbon from the atmosphere.

For comments and feedback contact: editorial@rttnews.com

Business News

Editors Pick
Walt Disney World, the Orlando, Florida-based entertainment complex, is easing the health safety guidelines that were rolled out to prevent the spread of the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic. The complex is ending temperature checks in a phased manner following the advice of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and local health officials. Frito-Lay North America, the convenient foods division of food and beverages giant PepsiCo, Inc., is recalling select Ruffles All Dressed Potato Chips citing the possible presence of undeclared milk ingredients, a known allergen, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration said. According to the agency, the recalled products may have distributed regionally to Walmart's Sam's Club Warehouses. Pfizer Inc. (PFE) and BioNTech SE (BNTX) announced Friday that they have initiated the Biologics License Application (BLA) process with the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for approval of their mRNA vaccine to prevent COVID-19 in individuals 16 years of age and older. The companies initiated...
Follow RTT