Paul McCartney went the extra mile to make sure that he could perform at this year's Teenage Cancer Trust on March 29 in London,
According to organizer and Who frontman Roger Daltry, McCartney tried to be a part of the benefit last year but had a scheduling conflict.
"We almost got him last year, but he couldn't make the date work," Daltrey told London's The Sun. "He said, 'I'll be there for you next year, Rog' - and here he is.
McCartney headlined the first night of the six-night event, which is taking place at London's Royal Albert Hall.
Daltrey, who organizes the annual charitable event, went on to praise McCartney as "brilliant."
"To see his full arena show in the Albert Hall will be a once-in-a-lifetime thing," Daltrey said.
by RTT Staff Writer
For comments and feedback: email@example.com